Is the transceiver you are looking for not in stock?
- Either look for the "industrial version" - the only difference is the temperature range (mainly from -40°C to +85°C)
- Or why not use "10G SFP+ Transceivers" to build a 1G link?
- Or you can choose a 1G SFP with a "higher power budget" (e.g. 20km instead of 10km - only marginally different in price)
Using the industrial versionAdvantages
- The standard commercial version usually has 0°C to +70°
- The industrial version is capable of between -40°C to +85°C but the other functionality it is still the same as the original transceiver
- The industrial transceivers have the same article number but with an "I" at the end
Using a 10G SFP+ Transceiver as 1G TransceiverAdvantages
- "Shorter lead time" when ordering 10G from the FLEXOPTIX warehouse
- Purchasing 10G is looking to the "future of your infrastructure" - no need to buy 10G again, just change the configuration if you upgrade your devices from 1G to 10G
- The "Data-rate" can be "changed" easily by using the FLEXBOX
Of course, you may ask yourself
If I have a switch with only SFP ports – will the 10G SFP+ work with that?
- Yes, you can use the SFP+ in the SFP ports - but before that please configure the SFP+ to the appropriate 1G with our FLEXBOX (e.g. Cisco Systems GLC-LH-SMD)
- If you plug a 10G SFP+ into a SFP+ port it will run with 10G. To establish a 1G connection to another 1G interface you should configure the SFP+ to 1G by using our FLEXBOX. In some cases it will be necessary to set the port to 1G as well.
Examples for industrial version and 10G SFP+ to be used as alternative for 1G SFP
Using the to configure your optics - how easy is this?
Still unsure ? Just give us a call or contact us via our contact form - we will find the right solution for you.